Presented by Susan Kruizinga and Shelly McCormick
Learn more about the speakers here.
“Increasing Your Revenue and Attendance Through Special Events” was a fantastic discussion on various special event ideas and types of special events that can turn disastrous without proper planning, control, or foresight.
Increase Attendance and Revenue During the Season
- Live Bands
- Friday Night Slides
- Splash Cinema/Dive in Movies
- Yelper Event
- Product Launch
- Adult Birthday parties
- Reinvent Your Space
- Get interest of people who would not normally show up to your waterpark.
- Kids Triathlon
- Great idea for new parks. Make guest aware of your location. Bring in a sponsor.
Increase Attendance and Revenue During the Off Season
- Host Cultural Heritage Events
- Find a partner/expert who is well known within the community you are hosting to advise on cultural needs and expectations.
- Support Your Community
- Polar Plunge – Kids raise money for their school to see a teacher or principal take a plunge in colder waters. Charge a flat fee and offer concessions.
- Utilize Space
- Park lot rental for Food truck festivals, Hoop It Up, and Car Rental Storage
- Picnic Area Rental
- Group picnics for businesses or family reunions. Offer bounce houses and all you can eat buffet.
When Good Events Go Bad – How does an event impact the perception of your brand?
Even underage events hosted by a religious organization can turn rowdy. Be aware of the perceptions that can be made about your waterpark if an event goes bad. When an event fails, it creates a bad reputation for your park. Guests post poor commentary on social media further hurting your brand. An event going bad could mean the loss of not only guests but sponsorship.