Presented by Susan Kruizinga and Shelly McCormick
Learn more about the speakers here.
“Increasing Your Revenue and Attendance Through Special Events” was a fantastic discussion on various special event ideas and types of special events that can turn disastrous without proper planning, control, or foresight.
Increase Attendance and Revenue During the Season
- Live Bands
- Friday Night Slides
- Splash Cinema/Dive in Movies
- Yelper Event
- Product Launch
- Adult Birthday parties
- Reinvent Your Space
- Get interest of people who would not normally show up to your waterpark.
- Kids Triathlon
- Great idea for new parks. Make guest aware of your location. Bring in a sponsor.
Increase Attendance and Revenue During the Off Season
- Host Cultural Heritage Events
- Find a partner/expert who is well known within the community you are hosting to advise on cultural needs and expectations.
- Support Your Community
- Polar Plunge – Kids raise money for their school to see a teacher or principal take a plunge in colder waters. Charge a flat fee and offer concessions.
- Utilize Space
- Park lot rental for Food truck festivals, Hoop It Up, and Car Rental Storage
- Picnic Area Rental
- Group picnics for businesses or family reunions. Offer bounce houses and all you can eat buffet.
When Good Events Go Bad – How does an event impact the perception of your brand?
Even underage events hosted by a religious organization can turn rowdy. Be aware of the perceptions that can be made about your waterpark if an event goes bad. When an event fails, it creates a bad reputation for your park. Guests post poor commentary on social media further hurting your brand. An event going bad could mean the loss of not only guests but sponsorship.
Creative by The Evoke Group