Come Work With Us
Gatemaster is much more than your typical point-of-sale company, we are a growing leader in the FUN business. If you don’t believe us see for yourself and apply! We are growing fast, from our San Francisco Bay Area home to our call center near the Wasatch Mountains, we have opportunities for talented, hard-working people.
Current Job Openings
Client Support / Sales Rep
Monday – Friday 10am-6pm
$12 per hour
Gatemaster was founded in 1994 by individuals looking to provide a software solution for those in the admissions and attraction industry. We give admission and attraction business owners the tools and features they need to operate their business successfully while providing solutions to increase revenue and manage their business through our Point-of-Sale, E-Commerce, Ticketing platform and Apps.
- Make product recommendations that resolve client needs.
- Call sales leads from our website and tradeshows to set up demos
- Work with clients to understand the needs of their unique industry and facility to take a strategic approach to setting up their point-of-sale and ticketing system.
- Communicate with our clients and set proper expectation while notating in the client account history, process, questions, and needs.
- Assist clients with understanding industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain proficiency of Gatemaster software and products.
- Develop and maintain proficiency of the admissions and attraction industry.
- Act as a liaison between the client and our sales and technical support team.
- Identify potential problems and opportunities at client facilities.
- Identify and promote opportunities for process improvements.
- Possible travel for trade shows. (Not required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be comfortable with an environment of change
- Ability to adapt to a growing business and its needs
- Familiarity with industry best practices and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the admissions and attraction industry preferred
- Organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to interact efficiently at all levels of internal and external clients
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Full understanding of all training material presented
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Expert in the entire MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Ability to work well with other professionals, both peers and Subject Matter Experts
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects within a deadline-driven environment
- Must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with a well-developed work ethic and tremendous resourcefulness
- Must be comfortable with learning new tools and providing feedback to upper management.
- Casual office environment
- Sitting at a computer most of the day
- Typing, data entry, and reading on a computer
- Communicating face to face, by web tools and on telephone
Gatemaster has developed the leading point-of-sale and ticketing software for amusement facilities. Our software is unique in that all point-of-sale features are easily accessible from a single all-inclusive program. Gatemaster is suitable for admission and attraction-based businesses large and small. We have a proven software solution that has been tried and tested in multiple environments. With twenty years’ experience and over 800 clients in 16 different countries, Gatemaster is well positioned for growth. We are excited for you to join our team and show us what you got.
$12.00 an hour 40 hours per week at our Broomfield, Colorado office.
8181 Arista Place
Broomfield, Co. 80021
- Knowledge of admissions and attraction industry
- Past point-of-sale experience
- Effective communication skills
- Confidence in explaining tools and communication
- Must prove basic computer skills and knowledge
- Must have the ability to learn on your own and manage time
- Must agree and meet to expectations set by you and leadership
- Denver Area, CO
How to apply: All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to BBlair@Gatemaster.com
Assistant To Operations
Gatemaster was founded in 1994 by individuals looking to provide a software solution for those in the admissions and attraction industry. We give admission and attraction business owners the tools and features they need to operate their business successfully while providing solutions to increase revenue through our point-of-sale, E-Commerce, and Ticketing platform.
Our company is looking for someone assistant our operations, to be responsible for handling a variety of phone calls while using different systems for scheduling, creating trouble tickets, and communicating client needs with our sales team.
Operations Assistant is responsible for providing support to our Denver office. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, understanding our products to best assist the client needs and project-based work.
$12.00 an hour 20 hours per week – Part-time during hours 9 am to 1 pm (M, T, W, Th, F) at our Broomfield, Colorado office.
8181 Arista Place
Broomfield, Co. 80021
– Handling incoming calls and route calls appropriately
– Have a general understanding of Gatemaster products to direct calls and upsell products
– Create trouble ticket for support staff when they are not available
– Help plan and coordinate office and client events.
– Maintaining supply inventory and reporting needs of staff to upper management
– Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases
– Assist upper management with meeting notes, recap and follow up.
– Create presentations, spreadsheets, and correspondence
– Provides support to upper management as needed
– Provides backup support to Support and Sales as needed
– Perform additional assignments and task per management’s direction
– Ensure discretion and protect the confidentiality of data and information
– Prepare interoffice communications for upper management
– High school diploma
– Must have strong computer skills: prior knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
– Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
– Warm personality with strong communication skills.
– Ability to work well under limited supervision.
– Effective communication skills/Must sound confident over the phone.
– Must prove basic computer skills
– Must have the ability to learn on your own and manage time
– Must agree and meet to expectations set by you and leadership
– Business casual environment
– Sitting at a computer most of the day
– Typing, data entry and reading on a computer
– Communicating face to face, by web tools and on the telephone with coworkers and clients
– We participate in the E-Verify Program