COVID-19 has been affecting businesses all over the world, and though we may feel closer to getting “back to normal,” the effect it has taken on businesses of all kinds may be felt for many months to come. Many companies are still navigating the uncharted waters that we all must wade through and might not know how to proceed. The good news is, there are some digital marketing practices that can help your business stay afloat and continue to thrive once this pandemic has passed.
Google Search and Display Advertising
Google is a powerful tool. Businesses everywhere utilize Google Display Ads to bring in new customers and generate revenue. Although networking, brick and mortar operations, and in-person sales might have seen a significant slow-down, that doesn’t mean you can’t still get your name out there! By re-allocating funds to digital advertising, you can bring in new customers over an extended period of time. Google’s Search Network is one of the best ways to create brand awareness, target a specific audience, and get detailed insights about how well your advertisements are performing.
Some businesses that were using social media ads before the COVID-19 outbreak have decreased or eliminated their ad spend to use that money elsewhere. So that means those who are able to spend money to run ads can get a higher impression volume for a lower cost. This, in combination with the fact that daily use of Facebook, Instagram, and other social media apps has increased, means you could reach more people than you ever thought possible! There are several different ways to advertise on Facebook, including:
- Image Ads
- Video Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Lead Ads
- Dynamic Ads
- Stories Ads
YouTube is one of the largest video platforms in the world, so advertising here can mean you have a far reach with your audience. There are a variety of different ways to advertise on YouTube such as:
- TrueView Video Ads: This is a popular and affordable way to advertise on YouTube. These ads are the ones that pop up before you watch the video you’ve selected.
- In-Stream Skippable Ads: This version of a TrueView ad is the most affordable. They can be placed at the beginning, middle, or end of a video and the length is customizable.
- Non-Skippable Video Ads: These in-stream ads cannot be skipped by the viewer and can be up to 15-20 seconds long, appearing before, during, or after a video.
- Bumper Ads: These are short pre-roll ads up to six seconds long. Think of these as a “teaser” ad.
- Video Discovery Ads: These are ads found on the YouTube search results and watch pages.
- Google Preferred Ads: These are premium tier ads for pre-selected “top-performing” channels. These high budget ads build brand awareness to a niche audience of first-time buyers.
An excellent asset to pair with digital advertising are animated videos! Rather than spending the time and large budget necessary to shoot a video using real people, an animated video can get a specific message across in an engaging way that is authentic to your business. Animated videos help you stand out from the competition, help potential customers understand your business, and expand your reach. Best of all, the entire process can be done remotely!
Ready to Invest in Digital Marketing?
Contact us today if you’re ready to explore digital marketing for the digital age!